SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexiegurl09

More seedling problems (pics included)

lexiegurl09
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

Well I am, yet again, having problems with my tomato seedlings. I am getting super discouraged at this point trying to grow tomatoes this year/from seed because it seems like a never ending battle with some problem or another. First hail storm, cold and early blight and alternaria now something else. I am not sure if it is alternaria coming back, septoria or an environmental problem. I am hoping it is the latter. Brief rundown: I have included pictures of some leaves I pulled off the plants (I can get pics of the whole plant if needed). They each have somewhat different spots. Some are from 6-8 week old plants that were transplanted into their final spot last Saturday and other leaves are from seedlings in cups with Miracle Grow that have been pretty much hardened off. they have been outside for at least a week, probably more. Gradually introduced to sunlight and now placed in a cold frame. They have been fine over until yesterday/today. The only thing that I know of that has changed is it has been pretty windy here lately and overcast the most of the week and just within the last 2 days have we began getting sunlight and warmer temps. The temperatures for highs have been at least in the 60s and got down to the upper 30's and 40's 3 nights in a row since they were moved/transplanted out, which was Sunday/Monday/Tuesday night. Could this have caused these problems. They have not been fertilized yet, although I was going to give my seedlings in the cups some Miracle Grow because they are a little bit 'off color' which I mean they just aren't dark green but more like a yellow-green color. I'm pretty sure it's not an overwatering issue as they have only been watered two or three times in the last 7-10 days that they have been planted. The transplanted ones have pretty wet soil since it has been raining everyday this week practically. I was going to give my in ground plants some fish and seaweed fertilizer or Miracle Grow, not sure which yet. I also have Daconil that I have yet to use but plan to this weekend. If anyone can tell me what is wrong with these plants I would greatly appreciate it!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Leaves

Comments (3)