SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
von1_gw

Cat and snake story

von1
17 years ago

Went to my back garden to edge it. Resident large snake of the garter variety slithered toward the back of the garden. The veggie garden is behind this garden. In the pic you can see the tower made of rocks with a carved out stone for water on top. The tower is hollow inside(mistake!!!).

My cat was doing weird things, so I asked my son in the veggie garden what was going on? He told me he thought the cat was chasing the snake. I looked by the water tower and there was the snake, with cat hair in his mouth, flicking his tongue toward the cat. I yelled to DH(darling husband) to come look. He asked me if I really wanted the snake to live there anymore. Quite frankley I'm tired of being startled by him and his relatives, so I told him to remove the snake. The plan was to scoot the snake into a sheetrock pail and take him elsewhere to live. Well in the meantime I saw the snake slide into the center of the water tower. DH tried his leaf blower to get him out and then used the hose. The snake came out and went into the UNDERBRUSH (what DH was calling my perennials as he is whacking at them with a pole trying to locate the snake). I saw the snake at the edge of the garden and we all set up there to catch him. DH used the pole to slide under the snake, I had the pail on its side ready to guide the snake into it with the shovel I was holding(THANK GOD). DH said OK, I'm going to nudge him toward the pail!! Well the snake moved toward DH which startled him, he jerked the pole backward and up, the snake flew through the air directly at my chest. I moved the shovel handle to intercept the snake and he fell to the ground and we whisked him into the pail. He now lives quite a ways away in the woods. Now its not every Saturday I get a snake flung at me....and I think I will forgo that fun trip for quite a while.

PS The cat was fine. He probably would have killed the snake eventually. I think that happened last year as we fund a dead one with a long cut on his back.

{{gwi:273256}}

Comments (9)