SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lunamoon_gw

UPDATE: Kids Secret Exchange

lunamoon
18 years ago

Please post when you send your packages and when you receive one.

It will be fun to hear the creative things people sent!

My package will be going out in tomorrow's mail.

Jenell

Comments (38)

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

Mine wont be going out until next week. My boys want to help me make something and it will be next week until we can get to it...it may even be even a bit later. Hope not, we'll hurry.

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

We have 2 stores in town and 1 is closed so i am going to try picking some more stuff up down south today when i go. My pkg will be out mOnday.. JAmie

• Related Discussions

Shhhh! Secret Santa Update!

Q

Comments (40)
    Yippee...my SS present is wrapped and ready to go tomorrow!! I hope my person likes the gifts I picked out. I'm so excited about this gift exchange. I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa! I agree...I know I'll love anything I get! No matter what it is...it'll be great! I'll wait until Christmas Day to open mine. We celebrate Christmas with the kids and their families here on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day, they all go to their in-laws, so DH and I are usually alone to open gifts from each other. After all the noise and confusion the night before...and we've cleaned the house again...we enjoy a relaxing day of reading and listening to good music while sitting by the Christmas tree...and stuffing ourselves with "low-cal" (Not!) food and booze! Oh...and we have a fire in the fireplace! Gee...I can hardly wait! ~Sandy~
    ...See More

Additional Clarification for the Secret Santa Exchange

Q

Comments (1)
    I sent my email.Thanks Marlene.I know it's a big job.I have really loved the SS exchange.It brings the little kids in me back.LOL.
    ...See More

HAVE: Secret Santa Gift Exchange Update!

Q

Comments (0)
    Wanted to let all GW members that the last day to sign up for the gift exchange will be Dec 10. So if you are interested please click on this link to sign up. Hope to see you on the post. Happy Hoildays. Nalani Link: Secret Santa Gift Exchange
    ...See More

NEW: Little Fairy/Gnome Secret Garden exchange

Q

Comments (40)
    Thanks Stacie and MKRuby :) I have everyone's questionaires that has posted. A few more days left any other little ones would like to play. I get to go to my daughter's school today for her class's Easter Party ~ I love EASTER and have been going to class party's for 22 years now!! I started in high school with my nephews'. Each year I try to bring baby animals of some kind for the kids to learn about - bunny's, chicks, kitty's, puppys... This year I am taking a Nigirian Dwarf Goat. 'Scooby' is a month old and one of 4 kids - he weights 2 pounds and is only 8" tall. Just WAY to cute! Have a great day everyone! Marie
    ...See More
  • scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Our packages will also go out on Monday. We will be putting some plants in them, and I don't want them to sit in transit over the weekend. ~Heather

• daylilymom
    18 years ago

Our package went out today to our kids secretpal.hope they have a good day.should arrive by wed.

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Mine went out today prority. enclosed a couple pkgs of easy seeds to grow. didn't think about the plants. Hope Dalton's pal likes it. Dalton is getting really excited waiting on his. THis was a great swap. Thanks luna for hosting it.
    jamie

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

still working on our secret kids packages.

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

We are still working hard on ours.....my 2 boys each have their own secret pal and are very proud of them. We talk about their secret pal at least once a day! It makes it more exciting! They dont really understand yet that they are actually going to get something in the mail, too from their own secret pal! Cant wait to see their reactions! They think its all about just "giving"!

Oh, we havent recieved anything yet, but we realize we havent sent out yet either and its still early in the month.

Lunamoon-Has it been reorganized or is this robin going to continue- perhaps after we all recieve our packages we can better decide?!
    Have a great June all. Its blackfly season in Maine, here!
    Plant and run for cover, then plant and run for cover.LOL
    LRV and sons

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Hello all-

James received a wonderful package today!!! He was thrilled!!!
    I can't believe all of the wonderful items in it!
    He got a bug catcher with all of the little tools that goes with it, sketch pad, colored pencils, sqeeze it brushes, a bunch of stuff for drawing! He loved it all. My other two children are VERY excited now to receive their package as well....smiles!
    We will be sending our packages out next Monday!

Thank you secret pal for all of the great gifts! You have made one child VERY happy today!

Blessings, Tina

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Lilyroseviolet~ I have heard back from some people who would like the exchange to continue and some who would only like to participate for this month. There are also several peole that I haven't heard back from either way. I figure we'll see how this month goes and then I'll reorganize it with the people who would like to continue for a year long swap starting in July.

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

sounds great, thanks lunamoon

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Kira received her package today. She was so excited to receive a package in the mail that was just for her. She received 3 plants, some seeds, a coloring book, a foam butterfly craft kit, a basket, sunhat, beach ball and gardening tools. The package arrived at a perfect time as we were just about to go outside to plant a few things when the mail came so now she can help with her own tools and sporting her new hat! Many thanks to Scoutiegirl and Sebastian!

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

Avery got his package in the mail on Friday. When the large box came in the room to be given to Avery(which his dad had pickedup at the post office) his eyes got really big and a seriousness and realization came down on him and he felt ever so important and proud. ( I dont think he even had to open the box, its presence was enough to lift his esteem a couple of notches!)

Well older brother stepped in and helped Avery open up his box and examine all the treats inside of it!

The hat was great, Avery loves hats. SO he wore it and he really like the pail and garden tools very much...( he played all day and Saturday with the pail and tools. He made me fill his bucket up with water while I was wateringplants so he could go water his new plants which his brother persuaded him to plant in his garden. Both boys were very proud of their new plants and were very gentle with them and I am sure will take very good care of.

I am surprized that we havent planted the seed tape of lettuce yet, perhaps tomorrow I can get a garden area ready for it. the Lucky clover was very myterious to both boys and wanted me to explain how it worked. I said we would have to plant it and see what would happen.

The peom and description of the plants were awesome and Avery seem to relish it all.

Thank you little Scoutt for the 3 flowers you colored and for helping to make your secret pal (Avery) a very happy and proud little gardener!

We hope your secret pal is as good to you as you were to Avery! You are the best. Thank you very kindly.

Avery and family

PS the harmonica was really awesome, Avery loves to play it very loud and for long periods of time. He really really liked the harmonica very much. Thank you for being such a generous secret pal!

• gardeningmomof3
    18 years ago

Lunamoon,
    My son who is almost 9 would also like to join. Please let us know as to what the plans may be for the future of the kids secret exchange. Thanks.

• lissa140
    18 years ago

If you decide to do this swap again, please let me know. I have 4 kids who would like to join.
    Melissa

• janetg57
    18 years ago

I finally got our boxes mailed out today. I simply had too much help getting them together. The 3 year old kept unpacking and and opening things that were meant to be for our secret pals. I hope everyone understands the hold-up. This has been fun.

Janet

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

we have two secretpals to send to from our house...and we are still working on them...hopefully we can send them out by Monday....June is moving right along here, hope our secret pals havent given up on us!

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Helloe everyone! My youngest sone, Lain, received his package Saturday morning!
    He received bubblegum, colored pensils, coloring book, a garden rabbit, a plant stake, hand wipes, lotion, wind sock, 2 seed packets, marigolds and candycane zinnias, phote album, 5 pack suckers, and a HUGE SMILE!!! when it arrived!!!!
    He is very pleased with everything. He sat the bunny in one of our front island gardens, and also the plant stake! HAs already colored alot in his book, chewed some gum, and is looking for a special place for the wind sock!

What a great gift box!!! Thank you secret pal!!!

2 kid's down, and one to go....smiles Caleb (our daughter) is really excited to see what she is going to receive. Her 13th birthday is next Saturday, so the box will come at the perfect time!!!

We have really enjoyed doing this, and would like to continue in the year lonf swap.

We have yet to get our boxes out, as I lost all of my info when we got that virus.
    Lunamom, if you get a chance, could you please resend the info...we would greatly appreciate it very much!

Hope all enjoyed their weekend!!!

Tina

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

My daughter Scoutt received her package on Thursday. She was so excited to see it on the table when she got home from kindergarten. She loves everything in it. She received some seed packets, a coloring book, windsock, a few garden ornaments, some watercolor paints (she has nicely shared the paints with her little brother), some candy, lotion and wipes(both of which have been used already, after planting out the seeds) and a cute little doll.

She just loved all. She placed the windsock on her arbor entering her zoo garden.
    Scoutt wants to say thanks a bunch to her garden buddy. She was very proud of this exchange and tells our family and friends all about her buddy and the exchange.

We are looking forward to doing this exchange again next season~Heather

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Dalton recieved his pkg Saturday morning.
    He was so anxious to get it open especiallya fter watching mam open 1 of hers. HE had 2 pkgs of gummies, watercolors, military sunglasses and pouch, turtle for his flower bed (where he went and put it), some wipes, lotion, windsock, and a coloring book. He loved it all oh yeah a 2 pkgs of flower seeds. Thnks you so much secret PAl you really made Dalton's day. We were just wondering if his secret pal ever recieved hers. it has been 2-3 weeks since we sent it.
    Jamie and dalton

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

secret pals we havent forgotten you, your package is still being worked on. It finally stopped raining so we can get outside and work on it! Its rained almost everyday for many weeks here. whewwww....you will get it in JUne we are doing are best!

To Avery's secret pal....the skipping rocks and fossils and drift wood off the beach are very nice and fit well in Averys hands. thanks you secret pal!

• butterflydiva
    18 years ago

Seth's package came yesterday. I can't tell you how excited he was. Like the otherss have said, he was thrilled just to get a package before he even opened it! Inside there were tootsie pops(his favorite! they're GONE!), gum balls(also GONE), a cute frog(which he put in the Alice In WOnderland garden, which is an ongoing work in progress), a ladybug windsock, a coloring book and a truck(which luckily we had batteries for because he ripped that opened first LOL), oh also some seeds that he can't wait to plant. Maybe we'll get around to that this weekend. Thank you, you really made his day!

Nate is really excited about his now, he's checking the mail every day.

PS Their buddy's packages go out in the morning.

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

We mailed out our secret pal boxes today! There are 2 boxes going to 2 special secret pals! Hope you really enjoy them as much as we did putting them together!

Acee also got his package from his secret pal! It was a great day! First Acee got a wonderful package full of the goodies that would make his day and then he tested in Karate and went up fromhis white belt to a blue belt!! Acee day was extrememly happy, thank you secret pal for remembering Acee and helping to make his day so happy!

The notepapers of insects are all over the house and very interesting to look at, the little clay pots will be planted up tomorrow, the giant lady bug is very soft on his knees and he was ever so tempted to teeth on it as he is starting to loose all his milk teeth! But he stopped himself to not hurt the knee pad and use it to help him in the garden. The seeds will go straight into the garden tommorrow as well with hopes of using the new garden gloves, thank you secret pal again!

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

My daughter Caleb received her box right on her birthday yesterday. She received a knee pad, a set of garden tools, lip gloss, shower gel, terra cotta pots (2) with seeds in them, a rain guage, which is just adorable, and a thermometer. She really enjoyed getting the box, and it really couldn't have come at a better time.
    Thank you secret pal.

• gardeningmomof3
    18 years ago

Lunamoon,
    How's things going with the kids year long swap? Haven't heard anything in a while, so was wondering if you have enough. If you have more for just another month swap, we will gladly go there instead. Anxiously waiting, for July is already starting today. Where did June go, and body see? LOL

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry, it has taken me so long to get back to you on the year long swap! There are several people who have not let me know yet if they would like to continue with this swap. I am giving them the weekend then I will email everyone with info on their Secret Pal's on Monday. So far, the following people have confirmed that they would like to participate:

gardeningmomof3
    lilyroseviolet
    daylilymom
    butterflydiva
    hummingbirddaisy

If you would like to participate and your name is not on the list, please email me. If your name is not on the list and I don't hear from you by Sunday night, you will not be included in this swap. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Jenell

• janetg57
    18 years ago

Sorry I haven't posted when the boxes arrived, I've had problems getting and staying online.

Jazzmine's box came first. She got some stencils, stickers, a sticker album, a baby doll that goes everywhere with her, a spiral notepad, chenille trim (kinda like ribbon) crayons, GermX and seeds for watermelon, cosmos and shasta daisy. Everything in the house has been decorated with stickers, including the TV screen (wasn't colorful enough when it's turned off). She has learned how to use the stencils and is working on redecorating everthing that the stickers were removed from or fell off of. The chenille is being used as hair ribbons, necklaces, bracelets, package wrapping, you name it. She was very excited and happy with everything. I have enjoyed watching her be creative with her things. Thank you so much, Secret Pal.

• janetg57
    18 years ago

Dominick's box came second. In his box, he got bubbles, a bird feeder, bug catcher, flower pot, animal discovery cards, a pack of M&M's and lots of seeds. The bird feeder has been filled and hung where he can see it easily. To his delight, a bird flew in to check it out almost right away. No bug is safe from capture and scrutiny. The flower pot has been filled with a plant dug out of the garden (instant gretification). The M&M's lasted about 2 minutes, he did share them with his 3 sisters (they each got 2 candies,he got all the rest). He was very excited and is still exploring the animal cards. I love those things.

Thanks so much, Secret Pal, for making this little boy very happy.

• janetg57
    18 years ago

OK, now Harmony's turn. Her box came just a couple of days ago and we're still exploring it and it's contents. Harmony's box contained; 2 packs of bubble gum, craft supplies-glitter, shiny confetti, fuzzy yarn, a bag of lace and ribbons, a dress-up outfit consisting of pants, shirt and vest (how did they know the right size? and she wants to wear the outfit to Sunday School), a lovely bracelet made of polished stones, a box decorated with red and gold sequins to look like a wrapped gift, a box made of craft sticks and painted by her Secret Pal, a video tape (made by Secret Pal?, we haven't stopped long enough to watch it),sticker book, story book-Lettice, The Dancing Rabbit (older sister resd it to younger siblings last nite), bumper sticker, 2 plants-snapdragon and either squash, pumpkin, or cantelope (we're gonna have to see what it grows up to be), and coffee seeds, 3 kinds-kona, arabica & dwarf arabica. Oh yes, a coloring book about trees. We have been studying and talking about trees and their uses and impact (how did you know or guess?).

The gum's chewed, the plants are planted and duly watered every hour, stickers everywhere, lace and ribbon wrapped, draped, wound and hung everywhere, and treasures showed off to everyone on the block. Harmony is a very happy little girl.

Thank you Secret Pal.

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Sorry for such a late post, and for sendin gout so late.
    All 3 secret pals boxes are on their way. They left yesterday morning. I am so hoping that they will arrive tomorrow.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend.

Blessings, Tina

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

My son Sebastian received his package a few days ago. He received some great books, which he is at the age now where he is really getting into being read to. He also received some chewing gum, a coloring book on trees(he has watercolored the whole book already), a dress up outfit(older sister stole this from him, told her she could share)a very very nice box made by our secret pal(we are using it to put the freshly harvested seeds from our garden in it), some cofee seeds and a plant. We are not sure which type though if our secret pal could post and let us know, just so we know which area to put it in. We also very much enjoyed the great video our secret pal made. What a great idea. Two Thumbs up from my kids secret pal!
    Have a great Holiday weekend everyone~Heather

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is an updated list of the people who have signed up for the year long swap:

gardeningmomof3
    lilyroseviolet
    daylilymom
    butterflydiva
    hummingbirddaisy
    janetg57

I will send out an email tomorrow telling everyone who their Secret Pal is and the guidelines for the swap. There are 15 kids signed up ranging in age from 3 to 13.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July!

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

nice photo Luna moon.

My 2 boys are still in for the year, let er roll!

• janetg57
    18 years ago

Melody's box arrived Saturday and she was so excited. In her box, she got seeds (zinnia, I think), a jump rope, fake fingernails, hair clips, a slinky, a funpad, make-up (consisting of glitter powder, eye shadow and lip gloss) and gum. She has been real busy fixing her sisters' hair and applying make-up and nails to anyone that sat still long enough (including her 16 year old uncle, who fell asleep on the sofa). We have had lots of fun and Melody is one very happy little girl. Each of these Secret Pal boxes just seemed so perfect for each child. I'm so glad we joined in. Thanks so much to Melody's Secret Pal for making her feel so very special. P.S. If I missed anything, I'm sorry. I wasn't home when the box arrived and Melody couldn't wait to open it, so the things were pretty scattered out by the time I saw them.

Janet

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

sebastian and Harmony the plant is a hollyhock. :)
    Glad everyone had fun, we had lots of fum putting it together,

Acee says: "my brother has a secret pal and we are looking forward to sending more presents to our secret pals!!!
    And to our secret pal that is sending us something in the mail... I like decorated things like with paint or colors.
    I am 6 years old .
    and my brother wants to free all dinosaurs... the end and thats it secret pal I will write you another gift someday!"

• janetg57
    18 years ago

OK on the hollyhock. I've never been able to keep one alive to that size, so I didn't recognize it. Glad I put it in the flower bed instead of with the veggies.

Janet

• daylilymom
    18 years ago

Okay i justed wanted my secret pal to know that i sent my JUly secret pal his box.SHould be arriving soon.

• poorgirl5
    18 years ago

Debbie got her box on Saturday. Everyone with in 5 houses on each side of our house, had to see what she got. The jump rope goes every place with here. The gum lasted maybe 10 minutes. Debbie was very happy with the gourd and marigold seeds and canÂt wait to start them. The little box she got is filled with the things she got for her hair. Debbie is now taking care of her own hair (Thank you so much). Debbie also got jacks, notebook, markers and fun time play pad coloring book. She is very happy with everything she has gotten.

Thank you so much our Secret Pal

Debbie
    &
    Anna

• daylilymom
    18 years ago

Okay Desara was so happy she recieved her pakage mon she got velvet color posters and a bunch of seeds and glow in the dark bracelets toby keith pick,philly baseball cards garden tools was very excited to go plant in her flower bed but it was raining.knee pad,and lots of seeds for the garden,for next year and pumpkin seeds i was just woundering can we plan those sedds now.Thank you so much for making one 13 year old happy today.Thanks alot secret pal.,oh ya a puzzle too. porcelain paint set. thanks alot desara and daylilymom.