SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lil_green_thumb

Houseplant Swap #2

16 years ago

I love houseplant swaps!! (thought I would fancy this up a little lol)

A FEW RULES AND GUIDELINES TO KEEP IT FAIR FOR ALL SWAPPERS!!

--Signups until July 8th. Partners assigned no later than July 10th. Boxes to be sent out by July 30th so we can get started on the next month's sign-ups!

--You must send at least 4 cuttings or small plants. They must be in good condition. Cuttings DO NOT have to be rooted to send. You may send 2 African Violet leaves and this will count as ONE of your four. ( I just do not see it being fair to send your partner 4 AV Leaves and call that your send). You may send more if you like. Please try to send at least one of something from your partners wish list.

--Send with Delivery Confirmation. This is a REQUIREMENT so we can track the boxes and make sure it is not left sitting in a Postal Truck or Post Office somewhere.

--Priority Mail not a requirement but nice because of the heat. It is up to the sender. If mailed first class on a Saturday morning it will usually arrive by Monday and is a little cheaper for just a few plants or cuttings.

--Post here with Delivery Confirmation number when you send your box so your partner knows it is coming. This helps alot since it is summer and the heat is horrible almost everywhere. If you are going to be late sending the box please let me and your partner know so arrangements can be made if needed!

--Packing is to be done well to protect the plants. Be sure to rinse off the dirt. Wrap the roots in wet/damp newspaper. Then in little sandwich baggie if needed to keep the roots and newspaper damp during shipping. Wrap cuttings in damp newspaper also.

--THE PLANTS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH AT LEAST THE COMMON NAME.

-- YOU WILL RECEIVE AT LEAST 4 SMALL PLANTS OR CUTTINGS. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU GET NONE OR LESS THAN 4 PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW.

--I TRY TO MATCH EVERYONE WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF YOUR WANTS. BUT THIS IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO POT WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT AND SHARE IN THE NEXT MONTH'S SWAP. BUT IT MUST BE POTTED AND TAKEN CARE OF NOT LEFT TO DRY OUT.

--Post here if you want to join and send me an email directly (not thru GW because I don't get those for some reason) let me know your GW NAME, REAL NAME, ADDRESS, WHAT YOU HAVE TO TRADE, WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE. NO DELIVERIES TO POST OFFICE BOXES PLEASE! Sometimes this causes problems and delays in recieving plants and the extra time in a box can result in the plants dying.

~Kimberly

Comments (57)