SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forensicmom

Seedling leaves turning yellow

forensicmom
14 years ago

I started some seeds I got from Burpee (called 4th of July) a few weeks ago in preparation for our usual planting date of May 1. The seeds were started in large peat pots in front of my south facing slider. No artifical lights but I did use a seed heat mat at first. They have grown nicely and are about 10" tall so far and have very thick stems. The problem is that the leaves are starting to look yellow and getting yellowish spots. I assumed that maybe they needed some fertilizer since they've been in the pots for a while so I added som Osmocote flower and vegtable fertilizer two days ago.

It looks like some type of deficiency to me but I have no idea. I've started lots of seeds before in this same spot with no problem, so I know there's enough light.

My only other thought is that they're getting too big for those pots. I don't have any larger pots to repot them in and we're still a few weeks away from our "safe" plant date, although we have had unusually warm weather.

Any ideas??? Here's a few pictures. The first one is a little dark (b/c the light was so bright).

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting