SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sundrops_gw

In dire need of advise-Fourth of July

sundrops
15 years ago

I have a serious problem and need some advise from someone who could give me guidance. I was asked by an individual in our Master Gardener group to start some tomato seeds for our annual plant sale. This person has been in charge of the tomato area for a number of years now. I have been starting my own plants for many years and was very happy to do so. I was given about 5 varieties to start.

Once everything was up and growing I started noticing that in the trays of Fourth of July some were regular leaved and some were potatoe leaved plants. I'm thinking to my self, Oh boy something isn't right here. I was given the seed in an ordinary envelope, not a seed company envelope. So, I contacted the individual who gave me the seed and he tells me that he got them from one of his friends who is an older gentleman that has been saving seed for many years. Now, after checking it out I know that Fourth of July is a hybrid.

Now, my question for someone who might know. Does anyone know what these plant will produce? As a Master Gardener I certainly can't and won't sell these as Fourth of July. However, I have approx 100 georgeous plants but am not sure of their potential. Would it be wrong to sell them as an unknown and let the buyer know it would be an experiment? I shutter to think about throwing them out.

Knowing that there are so many educated people on this forum I thought I would ask your advise.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath