SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doof_gw

What is THIS critter?

doof
16 years ago

Some pics I took today.

Look at this little fellow, resting on a White Sage (Salvia apiana) leaf. I've been getting many of these lately. It looks like a bee more than a wasp. No audible buzzing that I could notice. It likes to hover around my bushes and then flit very quickly, like a humming-bird. It particularly likes my sage bushes. The picture doesn't quite show it, but it is a bit more of a shiny bronze color in the right light. Is it friend or foe?

A pic of another one, this time on a wild native sage I dug up and stole. (crimson sage?) It's near the bottom of the pic.

Here's another wild creature of my garden. He's a feral Siamese tomcat (with a full working set) that has taken up residence in my garden behind my tomatoes. Those are Galina's Cherry in the foreground. This cat (provisionally christened Puttytat) has spent the past two winters sleeping underneath my house and scaring the bejeezus out of my two fixed cats that live inside. Beautiful animal! Somebody must have abandoned him. There is no taming him now, although I have tried. He will tolerate a handout and a little babytalk, but no touching. A real meanie.

And here are some sick tomato leaves for diagnosis. One of my plants has been getting this. The outer edges of the leaves turn purple-gray. These are still healthy, flexible, working leaves, but others have been killed. there is a lot of this on this plant, a Sungold.

{{gwi:1311635}}

{{gwi:1311636}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths