SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

HAVE: Ft Worth Spring Swap April 25 2009

sylviatexas1
15 years ago

The spring swap will be a little later in the month this year since Ruben & Brenda have a grandchild graduating smack in the middle of the month-

Congrats to Ruben & Brenda!

The swap will start at 10 AM, more or less, & will last until we all drop to the ground & are scraped up & poured into our cars by park-goers who feel sorry for our exhausted selves.

This usually happens around 2 PM.

Lunch is grilled hotdogs & soft drinks & water, served up by Ruben & Brenda in exchange for a plant or other item worked out between them & each diner.

Last autumn, some participants brought extras, homemade potato salad & such, & it was *wonderful*, so feel free to bring a special dish if you wish.

You can trade anything for anything as long as it's mutually agreed between the traders...

but people sometimes don't realize the value of offerings, or they don't have much to trade & they *really* want whatever you've posted;

you don't have to accept an offer that won't make you happy.

If I, for instance, offered you a handful of my famous 4 o'clocks for your Radio Flyer wagon, you could certainly decline & let me know that you are looking for a more substantial trade!

However, if you're new

-to the area, to the swap, or to gardening in general-

or if your entire garden croaked when you were skiing in Switzerland all winter, & you don't have much to trade, come on ahead;

you will *not* go home emptyhanded.

Just don't ask for the rarest & most valuable items, or for every item, that a trader lists.

Let people know exactly what you're offering;

if you're bringing canna rhizomes, let us know if they were dug the morning of the swap or if they were dug last fall & stored in sawdust for the winter.

If you're bringing a rose that you grew from a cutting, say whether it's an established 2-year-old plant or a rooted cutting that you just started this spring.

Dress comfortably & bring a notebook & a pen, a Sharpie & some plastic knives or forks to label plants, maybe some water, maybe a folding chair, card table, blanket or sheet, boxes & tape...

I know I'm forgetting stuff, so feel free to add to this!

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County