SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

HAVE: Ft Worth Spring Swap April 12!

sylviatexas1
16 years ago

Mark your calendars & don't let anybody in your family graduate, get married, have a birthday, have a housewarming, or be sworn in to public office on April 12!

Does anyone remember how long we've been doing this?

I didn't realize, when we had the first one, that our swap would become something of an institution!

Place: Trinity Park

It's just north of I-30 on University, on the east side of the street, just across from the FW Botanic Gardens.

Time: real loose.

we usually start around 10 AM & "swap til we drop".

which is generally around 2 PM, since everybody will have traded, visited, & had lunch, & lots of people have to leave after lunch to take kids to events & such.

What to bring to trade:

anything as long as it's legal & somehow related to the garden!

plants, seeds, cuttings, garden art/junk/sculpture.

Plastic nursery pots, perlite/vermiculite, potting soil, bunny poo, mulch, etc are always highly desired!

(I my own self, being really enthusiastic about the garden but completely puzzled by the room they call a "kitchen", am always happy to trade for homemade bread or brownies or cookies or...)

You can trade anything to anyone for anything.

if the traders agree that a pair of bypass pruners is a good trade for a bucket of cotton burr compost (or a rosebush or a partridge in a pear tree), that's what counts!

Food: Brenda & her husband have "catered" lunch for the last 2 swaps, & it was *wonderful* for all involved;

we brought her lots of plants, & we didn't have to use valuable plant-space in our cars for food (& her husband is a good cook!)

She'll chime in here one way or t'other pretty soon.

If they want to cook this year, plan to bring her some wonderful plants & garden items!

(If they're not able to, then we can bring food to share.)

General suggestions:

wear comfy loose clothes & comfy shoes & a hat, & bring a sweater (remember last spring's blizzard???).

If you have room for a folding table, it'll reallly come in handy, as will a chair & a cart or wagon.

Notepad, pen, Sharpie, stickers or labels, ziplock bags, etc. just in case.

Door prize:

Bring fun prizes for the drawing;

when your ticket is drawn, choose your prize from the available or remaining prizes.

Last time I brought the Gardener's Survival Kit, a brightly-colored (easy to find!) container with small containers of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, lotion, etc, as well as band-aids, soap, aspirin, labels, can't remember.

People brought art, they brought craft items, & there were decorative pots, hand tools (trowels & forks& the like), garden aprons, bird feeders, lots of wonderful things!

Comments (150)

Sponsored