SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cleo88_gw

No true leaves after 3 weeks? (skittles3482's question)

cleo88
15 years ago

Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of new member skittles3482. This was buried in catman's thread for posting pictures of seedlings, and I think it just got lost in the shuffle. I copied the text out (below).

Skittles - post some pictures if you can. Info on how to do that is on this forum, including on the thread on which you originally posted this question.

Hello, i am new here...and started my tomatoes about 3 weeks ago, they took a week to germinate, and they still dont have ANY true leaves. after looking at everyone elses tomatoes, i dont understand why they havent gotten any leaves yet?? i did pot-up some of them because they were getting really tall and their little roots were poking through the bottom of the cups (i put them in too small of containers-oops!) they look really healthy, with big cotyldons (spelling?) and strong stems, but i dont think it is because i transplanted them that they dont have leaves, because even the ones still in the little cups dont have anything yet.

my set up: just kept them covered and in a back room (stayed about 70 in there all the time) and once they germinated put them in a sunny window. i know i said that tehy were tall, and i am sure a lot of you are saying well they are leggy because of too little light, but they arent leggy, just too big for the little cups i was using.

p.s. the ones i transplanted are looking really good, dark leaves and thicker stems...i just dont know if they are "behind" or what. kind of frustrating, lol.

Comments (2)