SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
red_sea_me

binging on plants (S. CA nursery update)

red_sea_me
14 years ago

This week has been a little crazy as far as plants go, all in all I will have gotten 22 new plants this week. I was supposed to be in Florida but instead went to San Diego.

First stop was the Green Scene at the Fullerton arboretum. The Orange County chapter of the California Rare Fruit Growers holds an annual plant sale and it is a big one. Lots of vendors, all kinds of plants.

I picked up 2 kinds of pepino dulce, 2 grafted cherimoyas, lychee, lucuma, toothache plant and garcinia acuminata.

Next stop was Ong's nursery, a very impressive place run out of Quang's mother's home. Every step you take you are surrounded by all sorts of beautiful trees of all different varieties. Some come from PIN some are produced at his farm. I picked up a lychee, longan and jack, almost got a mango too.

Last stop was Exotica nursery, a very unique place with lots of mature fruiting trees and an interesting selection of plants to purchase. They carry seedlings, grafted and airlayered plants so they have a wide price range. I picked up a fig, 2 loquats, another grafted cherimoya, grafted atemoya, and cuttings of yellow muntingia.

Since I've been home I've received 2 lychee plants and a pitaya cutting in the mail and should receive 3 more plants and some cherimoya fruit tomorrow.

here is a pic of most of the new babies, I know Jay wont believe a thing without pics. Please excuse the mess, we are still under construction.

that should almost be enough plants for now (at least this week).

-Ethan

Comments (19)