SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackwolf_gw

4-mo Starfruit plant - looking for some tips

Blackwolf
12 years ago

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to growing plants. Back at the end of January while at school we decided to try a bunch of fruits that we hadn't had before and starfruit was one of them. I decided to plant one of the seeds from the plant and see if it would grow, and it did! It took about a month and a half for it to show above the soil. From then until mid-May while I was at school I kept it under a desk lamp all day. When i brought it home, since it was warm out I started to keep it outdoors. I've noticed when i leave it under the screened patio in my backyard it does fine during the day, but if i leave it outside on the deck, it rarely gets its leaves up. Today I noticed one leaf had fallen off and a few others were slightly white at the tips. I water the plant about every other day and it seems to get enough light and heat. Some of the branches are slightly yellow, and others are really green. I was wondering if all of this was normal, and if not what I should do to keep the plant healthy. I've been reading around and have read about pruning and gafting. I'm not too familiar with the terms so if someone could explain them to me that would be really appreciated. Here's a picture of the plant that i took earlier today.

Thanks for all the help! I look forward to continuing growing this tree!

Paul

Comments (12)