SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puglvr1

How Often are you guys watering...

13 years ago

Okay, I know that this was mentioned here a couple of times...but, conflicting info out there makes it worth mentioning again. Just how much should we be watering Mango trees in bloom? Just to note, I do have very sandy soil and the last rain I had was on January 26 and I got about an inch. I haven't watered them since...but the 10 day forecast shows a definitely warming trend...80 degrees for highs at least a few days coming up. The trees have been in the ground for about 3 to almost 4 years this Spring.

I plan on watering my severely freeze damages today as I'm starting to see some teeny, tiny signs of life...I plan on fertilizing(lightly)in a couple of weeks also to give them an extra boost.

Some websites and other forums tell you not to water at all during bloom stage while others say to water weekly or bi-monthly...so what do you guys do? How often do you water your young Mango trees that are between say 6 months in ground to say 4-5 years old? I've read that watering them often can cause the flavor to be "watered down"...so I want to get this right from you guys that have more experience.

Thanks guys!

Comments (11)