SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rizzir

It's been fun

rizzir
18 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm sad to report that I will no longer have my garden by January. My boyfriend of eight years and I have decided to go our separate ways. He's selling the house (it's his) as soon as possible. I've been quiet these past two weeks because I've been packing and moving my stuff. We'll be living in the house until it's sold. Please no condolences, it's quite an amiable split and we are both comfortable with it. The thing that has me most broken up is that I won't get to see my design grow up, so to speak - my latest flowerbed! I want to know if I did it right. AND I'm concerned that I find someone who gardens to buy the house so that it's taken care of properly. If any of you know someone who'd like to live in Island Home neighborhood in South Knoxville, let me know. We're holding an Open House on Sunday from 1-4pm. 2173 Hillsboro Heights.

He will be moving downtown into a loft apartment (perfect for him - he hates yard work) while I will be getting back into Graduate School at UT in the Anthropology Department. I will be starting my fieldwork for my Master's thesis in January... obtaining my Commercial Driver's License and driving truck "over the road" for six months while studying trucking culture. I will be in Knoxville from time to time, but will not be maintaining an apartment here - I'll be living in my truck.

I truly wish I could see the garden next year to see all your wonderful gifts grow and bloom. Perhaps the new owners will be so kind as to send me pictures of it as it grows. That will make it easier to let go.

I love Knoxville dearly but once I've graduated (hopefully in August) I will likely be moving to Florida to be closer to my dad and the ocean. I'm dreadfully behind on my ocean fishing :-) Also there's a school in Florida I'd like to attend to get my PhD. The way I see it I will be gathering so much data from this adventure that it only makes sense to use it to get a PhD in Anthropology so I can become a consultant to the trucking industry. Hopefully I'll write a popular book, too. For the moment though, I'm just concentrating on getting my life in order so I can be ready to attend CDL school in January.

As for my plants that are overwintering, I hope to bring most of them to my father in Florida as they will like the climate there. There may be a few that will need new homes, but I'm not sure which ones yet. My dad's house is at least a mile from the ocean in Melbourne, FL. Is this too close to the ocean for most plants?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting