SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terryr_76

Bummer

terryr
18 years ago

Hi everyone,

don't know if many remember me....we lived in TN for 17 months, moving back home last Dec. I talked to a former neighbor earlier in the week. I did about 20 yrs. of gardening in my short 17 months there. I knew it was possible that whoever bought the house wouldn't share my passion for gardening....but to hear they ripped everything out, well, is breaking my heart. I wondered all summer long how "my" yard was doing, how big my plants were getting....and I did hear from a gardening friend from down there earlier in the summer that the weeds were higher than the plants. Not a good sign, but being optimistic, I figured they hadn't figured out what to do yet. I had so many shrubs and trees, with a few perennials thrown in for variation...and all gone. The ripped out plants weren't shared with other neighbors, it seems they were just thrown out at the far back of the property into my brush pile. I was thinking, before we decided to move home, to apply for a backyard certification. I had many plants, most of them being native. Our propery was a acre, with many native trees on the land. I was going to write them, to ask for pictures, to see "my" plants grow up....sigh. I had gone to Reflection Riding there down by Chattanooga and had gotten many native plants. My favorite was the franklinia tree. He was growing so well, and did bloom for me. I know not every one shares my passion for gardening, but I'm just still in shock that they would rip it all out. I guess they left the tulip tree....out of hundreds of trees and shrubs......I guess at least they couldn't remove the 160 yards of top soil/compost I had hauled in and spent days spreading........

Terry

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH