SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tcahalan_gw

Ideas for full-sun planting on border of walkway

tcahalan
18 years ago

Hi - I haven't posted in a long time - we had a baby girl 14 months ago, and the garden has taken a back seat since then. I'm now starting to look around and realizing that the garden needs some attention, and I need some help. We live in an old, pale yellow bungalow in an historic district. Unfortunately, thanks to the remnants of hurricane Katrina we had a huge old maple crash into the house and take out the porch and our walkway to the house. The good news is that it jump starts our renovation of the walkway. It's about 40 feet long, 6 ft wide, plain concrete and leads out to the sidewalk with lawn on either side. It's very boring (we're thinking of adding a brick edging) and I'd like to add some cottage garden style plantings on either side to soften the walkway and bring some color to the house. (The foundation plantings are otto lukyen (sp?) laurels.) I need it to be low maintenance (did I mention the baby?) and consistent with the bungalow/cottage look of the house. I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions! Thanks for letting me lurk when the baby is taking a nap!

Tina

Comments (6)

Sponsored