SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noinwi

Oh man, was this a crummy tomato!

noinwi
14 years ago

I took a shot last week at Wallyworld and picked up two "Ugly Ripe" toms, and just had to comment. I know it's winter, and I know store-bought toms are bland, but they were on sale, and looked cute in their little net cushions. They were quite pale orange, so I wasn't expecting too much, but man, where they bland! Even after leaving them on the counter for a few days...I got better color, but absolutely no taste! The Mexican romas and On-the-vine toms I usually have to buy locally this time of year would almost be gourmet next to these! How could they say that they are picked ripe, when they are obviously not? There was no tang, no sweetness, just mush with barely a hint of tomato after-taste. I went to their website to 'comment', but they only accept feedback by phone and I was afraid I'd take out my frustration on some poor unsuspecting soul. Typing tends to 'temper' my opinions, so now I'm done...I feel better. Thanks for reading my rant! Oh, I did save some of the seeds, though, just to see what I get, LOL! And I noticed on the little sticker it says "heirloom type". What's that supposed to mean? Ok, now I'm really done.

Comments (13)