SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Fall 2011 East Tennessee Plant Swap - Results

brandon7 TN_zone7
12 years ago

We had a great time today at the Fall 2011 East Tennessee Plant Swap. We met a Cheryl P's home in North Knoxville/Powell, and got to tour her tropical/tropicalesque garden. There may have been a few weeds here and there (she made sure to point them out), but her gardening skill was evident everywhere. Large plumerias, lots of variegated manihots, beautiful passionflowers, brugmansia trees, and hedychium gingers were just a few of the showstoppers.

We had a total of 22 attendees (if I counted them all). Some trickled in after the swapping began, and at least seven were new comers. We sincerely hope the new people will be back for future swaps.

Lots of plants found good homes, and lots of gardeners found things they just couldn't live without. Unfortunately, as always, we had tons of plants left over that needed good homes. If you garden in or around the East Tennessee area and didn't come to the swap, we had plants there for you! Please consider coming to our spring swap, and we'll be sure to give them to you.

The weather was wonderful and the food was delicious. I guess I won't tell you about all the wonderful goodies we had to eat, because I'm sure I would forget something. But, we all really really really enjoyed the great food.

Comments (2)

Sponsored