SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sprtsguy76

Dry Farming Experiment.

sprtsguy76
15 years ago

Always love to follow all the experimental threads here and thought to myself I've always wanted try this out. The site that I have selected is my three year old raised bed. It has been tilled once a year. It is a mix of heavy heavy adobe clay soil that has been injected will healthy amounts of homemade compost every year. So it does hold water very well. It is an 8x20' raised bed. My garden plot is in a post stamp size backyard (very common in the Ca. Bay Area here). It gets full sun starting around May, allthough I will be going in the ground around mid March or late April depending on the weather. We have very dry summers here. I cant remember the last time it rained here between April-September. Breif background/belief of my growing style is the less water the tastier the fruit. Last year I watered this plot 5 times with drippers and had a successful crop. This year I'm not going to water this plot period. I'm not concerned with size or quantity in this experiment. So I will be mulching very heavily and planting very deep. Plot pictures and variety line up coming soon.

Damon

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath