SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engineeredgarden

More gardens next year

engineeredgarden
15 years ago

Because of the economic problems in the world right now, I can't tell you the number of occasions just in the last few weeks, that someone told me "I don't garden, but i'm planning on having a big one next year". I think that's great!

I was thinking....could I handle a bigger garden than I currently have? Hmm...The current 136 sqft. is pretty demanding of my time, but only because of the way that I have to keep it all neat and stuff....The 'tainers are going to give me the opportunity to grow 12 sqft. of additional vining plants against trellises, because of the vacancy left. So, that's aother 12 ft gained...Also, I'll have the scrap from the 'tainer construction to grow things in...that's roughly another 12 sqft.

That brings the total to 160 sqft...Since I'm gonna be planting paste tomatoes this next year, I certainly want to keep them far away from the bigger tomatoes, so.....

It looks like i'm gonna be forced to build another box! Yep...it's gonna happen! I think a 3' x 3' x 9-1/2" deep should do the trick, for growing 4 paste tomato plants in, if there is a trellis down the middle.... Ok, you talked me into it, 169 sqft it is! Hee hee...I'm gonna build a new trellised garden box/cold frame contraption next spring. It's gonna be sweet!

The total growing space will be increased by 20%. I can handle that........

EG

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022