SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidandkasie

well, maybe i can grow a garden next year!

davidandkasie
16 years ago

i swear every time it almost gets dry enough to get the garden started we get 3-6 inches of rain! i got out there yesterday and used my moldboard plow on my GT to dig water furrows out into the yard JUST to get the water off my garden! i had tilled maybe half the garden a couple weeks ago, then it started raining on me making further tilling impossible. about every 4 days since then we get a MINIMUM of 3 inches. my wife about had a stroke when she saw what i did, but i don't care, i need that garden dry.

i have 144 tomato plants and 36 water melons that will be ready to go itneh ground by next week. they would be ok to go in ground now, but that ain't happening. and i really need to get my beans planted, our season is long enough that i can get 4-5 GOOD harvests off 1 planting. at this rate i will only get in a couple good harvests and the usually spot picking of later batches, and thus may have to actually buy beans over the winter. we usually put up 30+ gallon bags plus a bunch of jars of beans each year and are down to nothing by the time spring comes.

anyone else able to get in the ground yet?

oh, and BTW, Wednesday they are calling for a couple more inches of rain! we have already had more rain for April than we normally average for the entire month.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County