SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbest123_gw

A year of promise and disappointment revisited for 09 and a Rant

jbest123
14 years ago

I had a page on my Journal for the 2009 harvest which has been deleted. This spring I thought it was going to be a great year for the garden. As it turns out it is a 50/50 combined effort between Mother Nature and us. I think I did my part but MN let me down. We had a beautiful spring but the weather never changed, it was the coldest/wettest summer that I can remember in 52yrs of gardening. A year like this makes me think about the settlers and early pioneers and how they were at the mercy of MN. We can always run to the store and pickup this or that but they could not.

Now comes the rant. Thank heavens the promoters like AG of "Global Warming" are still alive to get some feedback about there ridicules claims. Can you imagine all the instrumentation around the world and the work force to collect the data and get an average to make such claims? Maybe it would be possible today but how about 20-50 years ago let alone 200-500 years ago. Now I fell better getting that off my chest and maybe I can start planning next yearÂs garden. John

Here is a link that might be useful: John's Journal

Comments (8)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor