SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ribbit32004

Several questions for next year...bribing with pics

ribbit32004
15 years ago

I've got soooo many questions for next year's garden that I'm going to bribe you with pictures for advice. Although I do realize the pics are only of a month's worth of growth which has been fairly shabby, I think. I should have posted them with my last question on dirt mowing, but I didn't think I'd get to the computer again.

1. Sun - the only space I have for gardening gets about 5-6 hours of sun a day because it's in our back yard behind a fence and borderd in the back with a thick woodline, which is one of the reasons, besides depth, that I think my SFG isn't doing as well as my containers, but is that good enough for beans, peas and cucumbers in the intense GA summer heat?

2. Peas - Anyone know of a pea variety that grows in bushes instead of vines? Looking to maximize trellis space.

3. Trellis - speaking of trellising, EG, I'm taking you up on your offer (I hope you don't mind). Whatever I use can't be obtrusive and it's got to be something I can get at my local po-dunk Ace Hardware. It's got to be attached to the back of the box as the ground is like concrete, yet shiftable once something is in there, so it won't support a trellis in summer afternoon wind/thunder storms. (btw, Auburn kicked tale, Alabama deserved to win, and I all of a sudden find myself an Old Miss fan.)

4. Anyone know of a pea that grows in bush variety?

5. Since the man (husband) has agreed to let me build whatever amount of boxes I want since it goes along with the no-red clay philosophy, what obsure veggie couldn't you live without.

6. Pressure treated or not - the dude at the local po-dunk said that since the process for PT has changed it would be fine, and quite honestly it's cheeper. Thoughts?

7. FINALLY - the pics. I'm sorry there are so many questions, but through reading your individual blogs I've come to admire and respect each and ever one of you. Sinfonian, your relationship with your family inspires me. EG, your attention to detail and construction skills astonish me, and Granny, your creativity knows no bounds. And that's not to belittle the rest of you who post frequently. Your advice and wisdom are the things convinced me that I could and should persue SFG.

Oh yeah....I did promise the pics :)

Begining of September

Today (September28)

Thank you SSSOOOOO much in Advance.

Lex.

Comments (15)

Sponsored