SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
behaviorkelton

Poison Ivy? Do this.

behaviorkelton
15 years ago

It is poison ivy season, so I thought I'd share my discovery on a way to beat the itch.

Actually, it isn't *my* discovery... I found it through perusing the 'net.

I've tried every darn thing, and none of them helped with the itch at all as far as I could tell. If they did, it was subtle.

Ready?

Hot tap water.

Let the water get as hot as you can take it (don't hurt yourself), and let it run directly on your poison ivy rash spots.

If you hit the rash dead on, it actually feels fantastic... like the feeling you get from scratching the actual itch.

Let it flow over each rashy spot for 30 seconds to a minute, and enjoy at least a couple hours of full relief.

The relief is total... it isn't a subtle thing... the itch is totally gone. Finally, you can actually lay down and fall asleep with that terrifically nasty itch keeping you awake.

If you remember to do this right when you notice the "itch", you will heal up much quicker because you won't scratch at it.

I have been hit with ivy at least once every few months since moving into my house a couple years ago. I'm doing a lot of brush clearing and "stuff" in my wooded areas and can't seem to avoid it. This latest rash... the one that is on my arm as I type this... was treated fully with the "hot water "system" and the results are fantastic.

In the past, I tried the prepackaged systems, the pink stuff, banana peels, alcohol, ammonia, etc. etc. intermixed with the occasional hot water treatment.

Granted, when the itch is at it's peak worst, you may have to wake up in the middle of the night and make your way into the bathroom for a re-application of the water, but it is a thing of beauty to lay back down with nary a hint of itch!

OK, there you go.

Enjoy!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider