SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
istheremeaning

Oh the horrors!!!! SVB

istheremeaning
15 years ago

I have to admit with my recent vacation I have not been giving the garden the love and attention that it is used to. I decided to finally go out and visit it this evening to make ammends and promise my devotion for the rest of the season. I expected the cucumber beetles to have flourished without my religous squishing and was ready to handle them.

Well to my horror all of my squash plants and all of my beautiful pumpkins have been attacked and infiltrated by the SVB. I am so naive I thought that the SVB was an early season thing to worry about........oh do I have alot to learn.

I had to keep repeating to myself it's ok you will know better next time, just think of all the real estate that is opening up for your unplanned fall planting, you have already gotten a bunch of squash it's ok...but then I the pain of the lost pumpkins sets in.

My son is going to be so upset without those pumpkins!

Ok so I am looking for some moral support to let me know that I am not the only poor naive soul to have this happen and also anyone in zone 5 please let me know what I can plant now to take all of the dearly departed plants place.

I am going to go and cry my eyes out now if you will excuse me.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery