SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solarsister_gw

Newbie intro and need advice

solarsister
17 years ago

Hello I am Kay from Claiborne Co. I moved into my new home in November 2005. When we bought the home it already had some plants that the builder had put in. Mostly I have been ripping them out as they have died and started putting in things from the local garden center. Mostly different Daylillies which are already coming back up from last year. This year I have REALLY caught the gardening bug. I have ordered from Spring Hill Nurseries and my order just came today. I ordered Pink Canterbury Bells, 2 Butterfly bushes, Beauty of Moscow Lilac, Mixed Verbascum, Tickled Pink Delphinium, and some Mixed Foxglove. I also ordered a Pee Gee Hydrangea tree but it is on backorder. My question is this....when can I set these out, right now they are in little containers all over my kitchen or bareroot in the bottom of the fridge. I have never used bareroot plants before and would hate to lose them in the fridge. I also have three Jiffy greenhouses in the basement full of stuff I have started from seeds. Hollyhocks, more Delphinium, Chinese Lanterns, Forget me nots, Lavender, Petunias, more Mixed Foxglove, and Russells Lupines. Any advice of how and when to set them out and how to care for them is greatly appreciated. Only now that I have spent so much do I realize I have too many plants and not enough experience. I just can't stop my 4 year old daughter is enjoying it too much!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH