SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanama_gw

Any books/articles/resource to help plan what/when to plant?

tanama
16 years ago

Ok, I've seen the light. Actually two lights: First, having read enough and heard enough from friends who are doing square foot gardening to know that it makes absolute sense for me. And second, continuing my evolving commitment to eating locally, and now finally having at least the space resources to have a lot of that come from my back yard.

That said, I don't know squat about planning what to plant, when, and how much. The bulk of my previous gardens have always been just tomatos, peppers and herbs. I want much more variety, but in quantities suited to a two-person family. I want a longer season of harvesting from our garden, but I'm clueless about when to plant what, having for too long defined "time to plant" by when our school's Ag department holds their annual plant sale.

I have books that go over the specific needs of individual vegetables. What I can't find is anything (or any one) that will help me figure out a full-year plan of what to do or plant when.

If anyone knows of any books or other resources that are specifically geared towards this, I'd appreciate the recommendation. And if anyone would enjoy mentoring someone like me, who really wants to move towards feeding my family in a way that healthier for both ourselves and our environment, I would be grateful for the help.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored