SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imaginators

Terrarium newbie

imaginators
19 years ago

I order a few small plants, Fern - Humata tyermanii "White Rabbits Foot" and Dwarf Mondo grass at Blackjungle.com. I also plan to get a mini hardy flowering plant. I would like to prepare my terrarium before I start to plant. Firstly, my little terrarium does leak so I need to seal the edges of base and glass. Having a little problem getting it sealed. I been using Marine silicone unsuccessfully, but maybe the stuff is too old. Then I plan to put gravel on the bottom for drainage. Next I have a plastic mesh above the gravel. To keep as much soil dropping to bottom. On top of the mesh I will put potting soil and then moist Sphagmus moss. On top of the Moss, I have some green moss, more for looks. Do I really need horticultral charcoal as well? i am thinking of putting a small water container snuggle within the moss for some humidity. The light source will be indirect light. If need be, I do have a grow spot light to use. Any further suggestions would be most appreciated while I am in the planning, sealing, waiting stage.

Thank you,

Theresa

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1267592}}

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor