SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tntitans21399

Vines for chain Link fences

tntitans21399
14 years ago

I live on a corner lot and I have a chain link fence in the back. I have a boat trailer and other stuff in the back yard. I would like to add some privacy, not be able to see as clearly what's back there. I am thinking of adding some vines to run up the fence and make a cover. The fence is about 4 feet tall, so it won't cover everything but make it look better. I was wondering what the best wine is to grow for our area.

The coverage will be about 100 feet, 50 going along back and 50 along the side. The sun sets right behind the house so the vine would get a lot of sun, so it must be able to handle full sun. My neighbor on the other other side (not facing the street) has some things growing but not much. I dont need to cover the fence area over there. Just 2 of the 3 sides need to be covered.

My first choice was Trumpet Vine, but I have read they are very invasive. I wouldn't want the vine to grow over the side of the neighbor and start to take over the area that I'm not worried about. I would prefer to have a vine to covered the area all year around. The second vine I have heard about is Potato Vine. I have also heard about Jasmine Pandorea Jasminoides, and Pink Jasmine Vine. As anyone used any of these or any others that they have liked.

I live in Nashville to help with weather idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1274372}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored