SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Nostalgic for the past season's roses

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

I was all eager to spend a lovely autumn day finishing repainting my front porch, but when I got up today, it was chilly and rainy out there! So I decided to browse my photo album a bit--I miss my roses! Here are some garden shots and singles for you to enjoy also, I hope.

Elle (HT) looks so charming here--a bit of bright red Dublin Bay climber showing on the right.

{{gwi:350361}}

Here's four lovely pinks in a cluster--starting on the left, Austin's Mayflower, Cora Stubbs peony, floribunda Our Lady of Guadalupe, and behind it, Austin's Mortimer Sackler.

{{gwi:328592}}

Here's one I'm going to miss--Love & Peace (HT). For some strange reason, it really declined after its big spring bloom, and given that it is prone to BS at the end of each cycle, I ruthlessly spaded it--but I will certainly miss its beautiful blooms.

{{gwi:328024}}

But I still have this beauty to drool over: Chrysler Imperial (HT):

{{gwi:304870}}

This is my Perfume Path--all the really good smelly ones, including the Double Delight you see in front there, are placed along that path:

{{gwi:258634}}

Three of my favorites: That 3 Molineux (Austin) planted close together on the right, plus the vivid blue/purple larkspur that grows back wild each year and the new lilies called Silken Road. I liked them so well that I ordered 3 more to plant in there also.

{{gwi:228926}}

I'll miss this one--Golden Showers climber that I've been growing for years. Fell victim to RRD this summer--alas!

{{gwi:208904}}

I love my bright red Braveheart shrub--with my favorite climber--Dublin Bay, of course, in the background:

{{gwi:228928}}

I have often bragged about my 7 darling minis called Sweet Diana, but it just occurred to me that I rarely show them. Well, here they are.

How's this for big, fat, and gorgeous? Peter Mayle (HT)--I have several of him and am crazy about this show-off!

I lost my beloved Buff Beauty during the long, drought-ridden, oven-hot summer. Bout broke my heart, but I already have an order in for its replacement to (hopefully) sprawl along the back fence like its predecessor did:

{{gwi:207538}}

Let's end the nostalgic tour with some other kinds of beauties also--columbine and iris from last spring.

Hope you enjoyed the tour as much as I did. Unfortunately, it is still chilly and rainy outside!

Kate

Comments (13)