SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eureka_gw

Ants! Must get control--HELP!!!!!

eureka
16 years ago

As you can see I live in the upper Mojave Desert of CA very near the 15 frwy. I have hired a pest service due to continual ant invasions to the house. I'm not talking about a scattering of ants in the kitchen, I'm talking about a full on invasion, like the back of the refrigerator covered and moving to the top where there is no space to be seen between the little jerks. This takes place in every room of the house. There isn't anything in many of the rooms that would be a typical draw. What I'm sure is happening is that the ants have an enormous nesting site under the house. The house sits on a cement pad yet I know that within the walls, the ants have a well developed New York. The other part of my problem is that the front and back yards are loaded also. These ants will feed on any vegetation, plant, bulbs destroying all. There are no ant hills, suddenly while digging for a new plant 8 12" down I'll find a nest. Our yards are quite large for track homes. Just spraying the ground isn't going to fix this. The pest control people say that our town seems to be sitting on top of Ant Central, yet the other two towns that are basically connected do not have near the problems. You'd think with winter and freezing temps an ant could not be found but by golly the house got invaded yesterday on the kitchen floor with no organization or trails except where they entered and upstairs in a toilet room, also acting quite disorganized but some were able to form a trail into the waste can, which had nothing more than used tissues. I'm wondering if the desert areas see a lot of this infestation and has anyone been able to get any control? Any info, research, entomologists are most appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (14)

Sponsored