SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakescrapper

soil mix question

lakescrapper
17 years ago

Hi I am back again. I have my lumber cut and coated with boiled linseed oil and am ready to put together. I am now ready to mix my soil and I have a few question. I am mixing soil for 4 4x4 gardens. I have two 3.8cuft bags of peat, Two 18lb bags or 2A course vermiculite which I am going to exchange for extra course. This is about 1/8 grainuals and I think it is to fine. Am I right?

I am mixing my compost with 3 40lb bags of Horticultural Grade Compost Humus, 3 40 lb bags or organic soils cow manure, 3 40lb bags or All Natural Plant and Soil Booster which is made up of Poultry Litter, sawdust, and woodchips. I think the Poultry mix could be a little strong so maybe somebody could tell me. I also plan on mixing in more compost which is made by a company up the road but I don't know what is in it. Also I am not sure how much of these ingredients I should mix to make the 1/3.

This forum is the best thing I ever found. I posted earlier with a question and got best answer. Hope someone can help me Thanks

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting