SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_nc

The 'ruling days' of Dec. 2004

ashley_nc
19 years ago

Good morning all! I have a strange question, but I guess that depends on if any of your family members or yourself use the "signs" from the weather and Farmer's Almanac to determine planting times and just how the weather will be in a given month. Ok... here's my question with a little background. My Grandmother and her friends believed in the "ruling days" which occur sometime around Christmas. Each of the 12 days tells you how the particular weather for that month will be in the following year. I'll give an example... the first ruling day is for January, so if it's a warmer day and sunny then January of 2005 will be above normal temps and sunny. The second ruling day lets you know how February will be and so on. My Grandmother pasted away Christmas day last year and was not in the state of mind for me to ask some of these questions. (If you still have older family members, love them and ask them everyday about "stuff". They are very wise.) Anyway, have any of you heard of the "ruling days" and when exactly they start?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Comments (8)

Sponsored