SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ray_scheel

Requesting FAQ additions / corrections

Ray Scheel
19 years ago

Its been a year or three since we built the FAQ and there are many new faces here and several former greenhorns who have since become seasoned square-footer, with a new batch of gardners staging raids on the garden centers at this very moment. Based on the threads here and email I've been fielding, its time to review the FAQ and hammer out changes to make and new information to add.

That being said, my home life is crazy right now, so though I have time to post updates I don't have the time to hash out the wording or much new in the way of detail. Also, I haven't planted much that's not already on the plating chart, so I'm not sure what to recommend for particular plants not listed, but don't want to put anthing up until at least a couple of people have the same experience with a certain plant type and spacing, so its more than a fluke of a location or oddball seed selection that allowed a certain spacing to work. I think there is a lot that could be added or tweaked for clarity.

If someone could draw a small GIF or ascii graphic to use for trellising beans, I could work that into the FAQ.

From there, what are the additional questions that need more clarification (or an entry unto themselves), and what is the group response to the query presented? I've got my opinions, but they are mine, and are geared towards what can grow in my climate that I like to eat.

Plus, I've been growing things my whole life, and have no doubt left off (or oversimplified what I thought were obvious) details someone just getting started might find important, so even the "greenhorns" should sound off about what they'd like to see.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES