SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manday_gw

Garden Layout

Manday
13 years ago

I have come up with a tentative layout for my new garden and was hoping to get some input from the forum. I am hoping to use this garden to provide vegetables for my husband, myself, and my 3 year old for the summer and most of the winter. I intend to freeze a lot of what comes out of this garden for the winter. I would like some feedback on the layout and feasibility of this garden, if you would all be so kind.

A little disclaimer: my husband helped me with this layout; he is reluctantly on board with square foot gardening but he thinks I'm a little crazy for wanting to put up so much for the year. He's into the "humor the crazy person" stage and came up with most of the design and the number of boxes.

A little description of my layout: the large boxes are all 4x4. North is to the right. All boxes will have a trellis on the North side except the squash/zucc boxes which will have trellis around the whole outside. All boxes are 8" deep except the carrot box which will be 16" deep. The small box is 2x2 and will be a potato tower with lentils planted on the outside. The black box is a bush that I have been unable to convince anyone to pull up.

Please be critical. I don't want to fail because I tried to do too much. If I can't prove that this at least has the possibility of working, my husband will insist on doing rows forever and we don't have the space or the soil quality to do that.

Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (6)

Sponsored