SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
booo_gw

Help with a screening buffer!!!

Booo
19 years ago

Help! I am in East Tennessee (Knoxville) and just found out that the county is taking a 2 lane road behind our property and making it into a 3 lane with sidewalks to accomodate property up the road that just was zoned industrial and commercial. (THis is a real sore subject since my husband and I just bought the home in April and were not told of all the upcoming development! We came home this past Wednesday to an 8 foot section behind our fence completely wiped out!)

We bought the home for the privacy of mature 40 to 70 foot trees that line the road but the county is taking out every bit of that! I am needing to get a planting of something to screen and try to buffer out the traffic noise.

It needs to be evergreen, hardy, pretty tall (no less than about 30 or 40 feet) and a fast grower.

My landscaping has lots of hydrangea varietys (Oak Leafs, Annabelles, etc.) , Little Gem Magnolias and Crepe Myrtles. I want to eventually add Nellie R. Stevens Hollys and I wanted any suggestions that I can use for the backdrop to all of this that will make it in our heat.

Thanks in advance!

Booo

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County