SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherrisa

NEW: Spring Grab Bag Swap

cherrisa
19 years ago

In honor of Spring let's do a Spring Grab Bag Swap. I will pair up everyone and we'll send them a grab bag for spring. This can include plants, gifts, seeds, handmade items, pretty much anything you want but try and keep it geared towards gardening, natural items and spring. Email me with your name, address, wish items, favorite color and anything you dislike or are allergic to.

Comments (54)

• pearidgegirl
    19 years ago

I would love to join, Do we email you with our address and info or just email our gw name to you? I am new at this, and saw that you have two diffrent ways that you have posted.......
    Thanks, Heather

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok we're doing good. I will close this to new sign ups on Friday and get the box going.

• Related Discussions

Cleaning out my stash, I have 2 grab bag sasbes

Q

Comments (7)
    Hi Wendey, I would love a grab bag for sasbe! Please let me know where to send it. Thanks! Melissa
    ...See More

Spring Hill Grab Bag Humor

Q

Comments (6)
    LOL, I've been guilty of ordering from Spring Hill before, so I'm not surprised. Filipendula rubra, Queen of the Prairie, should be hardy to zone 3, so that might survive - it does pretty well here, but I'm technically in zone 7. It does like water, as I just found out, about 10 years after planting it. IMHO, you should pray that the tradescantia is too tender; you may find yourself ripping it out (along with your hair) in years to come. Here, at least, it's ineradicable. I suppose by "grab bag" they mean "we randomly grab plants and shove them in a bag" - I hope they priced this selection accordingly!
    ...See More

new: mnf: dreamin' of a green spring swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Oh, it's "Bad Impressions" night on the MNF forum!! LoL YAY!! :O) Well, first things first....My Boss's husband is Ok, the guy he hit is OK, just a broken ankle. The pedestrian was drunk, and ran out between 2 cars, and hit the side of his car. So now the ped. is in the tank, charged with public intoxication & playing illegal touch tag with moving vehicles. Or something to that effect. :O) So thanks for all the prayers. They've helped. My boss's husband's brother was killed in a hit and run 5 years ago, so that's why he was so shook up last night & not thinking straight. Just brought back so many horrible memories. Can't blame him a bit, honestly. That WOULD be a pretty horrible experience. Yikes. Okay....Now for the fun part. :O) Becki, Medo & Tracy..I am laughing my tail off, thinking of you perty young girls charming the pants off of those fellers!! :O) Oh My!! LOL!! *evil grin* Well, I can tease...yes I can. Because, after all...I HAVE given the mailman a few peeks, haven't I?!? I'd much rather be caught stinky & dirty...than nakie & wet!! LoL Wooo-Weeee!!!! Oh, that reminds me! I could just KICK my husband. He's done the same thing yours has, Tracy! (last week!) He told his buddy that he could borrow a tool, and "just pick it up at the house on your way through". (!) Oooookay. WITHOUT telling me!! Soooooo, wouldn't ya know it, right as I got out of the shower, I heard someone stick their head in the back door and say "helllooooooooo!!" YIPES!! So I wrap my hair up, put on hubby's shirt...and go see who is invaiding my house. To make matters worse, he couldn't find the tool, it's not where hubby said it'd be...so I have to help him search for it!! OMG!! Meanwhile, he's laughing behind my back. Geeze. AND this is the same buddy that knows about the SEARS/VACUUM episode!!! UGH!!!! *blush* But ya know what, ladies?? WE ARE BEAUTIFUL & SEXY no matter WHAT we smell like or are wearing!! AMEN??!!!! And we can reassure our selves with the fact that...One of these days....Our men WILL get their comupance. Oh yes. :O)
    ...See More

UPDATE: Spring Grab Bag

Q

Comments (4)
    Sent a notice on the new forum as not everyone has moved to this one yet that I emailed the second reciever for an update to the box. Am waiting to hear back.
    ...See More
  • abitodd
    19 years ago

count me in!!!

abitodd

• ChooChooGal
    19 years ago

Me Too. . .I will send you my info

• ncflowerpower
    19 years ago

Can I still get in? I'll send you an email.

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

HI

Count me in! Thanks!

• djm906
    19 years ago

Me too! Sounds like fun!

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Just an update. I'm getting the box ready and I need addresses from ChooChooGal and NCflowerpower.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I also need an address for EarthlyDelights

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

e-mail sent - sorry, i thought i had already provided this information.

thanks,
    earthly

• texas_eyes
    19 years ago

Guess I'm too late...............8(.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Just to let this list know that I have started an Update: Spring Grab Bag section. The box is going out today and all updates will be posted there. I have included all sorts of goodies in the box and will be shipping it priority mail with confirmation. There are instructions in the box with mailing labels. There is no particular order just when you get the box choose a label and put it on top of the old one. Make sure the last person sends it back to me. Make sure that you post when you get it and when you send it in the Update section. I may have one or two people to add as I haven't heard back from them regarding the mailing address and will email the person that currently has the box to put the addresses on the labels. If you have any questions let me know!

Cherri

• ncflowerpower
    19 years ago

ohhhhh.....can't wait for the box to make it to me!!!

Thanks for putting this together.

Donna

• pearidgegirl
    19 years ago

I think this is gonna be lots of fun, I can't wait to get the box.......
    Thanks, Heather

• chickenlady
    19 years ago

Got the package. Will send on to JWKBSTrouble Tuesday. Put in a few extra goodies.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Great!

Cherri

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sent JWKBSTrouble and email to see if she got the box. Please post updates so we aren't wondering where it is.

Thanks!

• jwkbstrouble
    19 years ago

sorry ya'll i just got the package from the post office, i have been so busy with son's physical therapy that i havent had time to do anything,i will mail it back out today and post the confirmation number
    kim

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Choo Choo gal, L. McEntire, has requested to be added to the end of the list due to being out of town. I don't mind waiting for her to return the box to me since I will be last. I believe her address was supposed to be added later as it was. I will check my list when I get home. Please post to let us know where we are with the box and who you'll be sending it to.

Cherri

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

cherri

do you have an order for this one, so i have an idea when to anticipate it?

did the box leave jkb?

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Hi everyone

I have an update. Kim(jwkbstrouble) mailed the package to me but I have received it yet. She mailed it Friday and its going from Texas to Virginia so I should hopefully have it by Friday. I dont have the comfirmation # because she is in the hospital. Her blood sugar dropped yesterday and they couldnt get it back up plus she also has the flu. And on top of that she is taking care of her grandson this week. ALso her son is still in physical therapy. SHe has a lot on her plate right now. I know she would appreciate if everyone remember her in their thoughts and prayers. I will post when I get the box and who I will be sending it to along with the delivery confirmation #.

Sheena

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Still no package yet--I can believe it is taking this long to get it!! Will keep you posted!

Sheena

• lovemygardens
    19 years ago

Am I too late to get in on this???

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

what's happening with this one?

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok well we seem to be stuck at JWKBSTROUBLE. I know she is on this list and will get this email also.

I'm so sorry that this is happening. I feel terrible that this is my first swap and it's stuck. I heard she is sick but she said that she was going to mail it and send a confirmation number and now she says she can't find the confirmation number and still no box. I hope that she didn't decide to keep it. I have sent her several emails and have heard nothing. I've IM'd her and her child said that she wasn't home but nothing else. I'm sorry if she is sick and is in the hospital. I hope she is ok. It's been several weeks though and I know everyone has stuff happen in their life but I wish she would just send it on and not ruin it for everyone else or at least would have emailed me so we could have by passed her.

I'll look up her phone number and try giving her a call tomorrow.

I am apologizing to this list that this is happening.

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

cherri

i'm sorry this is happening. it sounded fun in the planning. this kind of thing seems to be happening more and more on garden web of late and it's terribly sad.

i agree that things happen in people's lives, but taking 5 minutes out to respect others never killed anyone.

i see that member signed onto aol at all times of the day and night when i am signed on, as we are both on the same service provider. it's ashame this had to happen.

i guess don't despair. next time you decide on a swap, ask for references. some members do before they allow you in their swap. makes me understand why after seeing some of the things i have lately.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I talked to JWKBSTrouble's I believe son via IM today and he said that she is getting out of the hospital today. I told him to give her our wishes and that we were worried about her.
    He is going to make sure the box gets sent on so she doesn't have to deal with it. I thank you all for your patience and keep her in your prayers. If you would like her address to send something nice to her please email me privately and I'll make sure you get it.

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Hi everyone

Just another update--Kim did ship the box before she got sick but the label came off. Her daughter called their post office this morning and the postmaster said he put a notice in their post office box but her daughter has looked and cannot find it. Also her daughter is going to remail the package TODAY to me and she said she will also email me the delivery confirmation number. I will post ithe number when she emails it to me. Kim is in the hospital and her children have been using her screen name so that is why it looks as if she is signed on but it isnt her I can ssure you that it is her children. Also her daughter sent me this email and asked me to post it. So here goes:

To whom it may concern
    I am writing to inform anyone that my mom had trades with that she has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks for the flu,she suffered a stroke.Please forgive her and our family for not responding to any emails sent.i am just starting to figure out some of her trades but please if you were doing a trade with her please re email the trade to me so that we can make sure that they will be filled as promised.as for a robin that was in her care the day she got sick it is on its way to sheena in virginia i personaly will place this in the mail this afternoon and will email sheena the confirmation code. My mom will be released this afternoon and she is doing fine but having trouble with her hands and her memory.
    Brandy

Will keep you posted!
    Sheena

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I wish we could edit posts. It must have been her daughter I talked to.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Any word on the package?

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Ok here is an update--the label came off the package at her post office so her daughter fixed up another label and her husband mailed it out again on friday but as of yesterday I hadnt gotten it yet. Will keep you all posted!

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

wow, must be coming by pony express or maybe bike messenger.

this is sad. especially since it's been mailed two or three times already.

cher, if you ever decide to do another, count me in. this one is a bust it seems. i'm sorry you are out the time and expense of trying to make things nice for others.

illness or not, so very many excuses and no results. i'm seeing a lot of this lately and it's a terrible shame in my opinion.

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Still no package. I was told it is coming regular mail from Texas to Virginia and it should only take about 5 or 6 days to get it. I still dont have a delivery confirmation # so I have no way to track it. I am so sorry Cherrisa. I can start a new box if you want me too! Email me and let me know.

Sheena

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Well I have IM'd several times for a status of the package and even offered to prepay a UPS label back to me. They refuse to respond. I know they are going through a lot right now but it's been almost two months and I offered to pay for postage. They wouldn't have to do anything a UPS guy would come to their door hand them a label and take the package they wouldn't have to leave but yet they haven't repsonded with their physical address. I only have a PO box address for them. I am so disappointed in people now a days another thing I don't know is how the label would have fallen off they are sticky lables. Everything was set they just had to stick the label on and my return address was on there so the post office probably would have returned it to me.

I think this round robin is dead in the water and I can't afford to put another box together and start over.

I am so sorry to the rest of you for everything. I do still have the list and letter if any of you would like to restart the box. Unfortunately, what I thought was going to be a fun process has turned into a disappointing nightmare.

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Hey Cherrisa

I just emailed you let me know you got it! Okay!?!

Sheena

• pearidgegirl
    19 years ago

Hey everyone I was just wondering what was going on with the package, Has whoever it was going to received it yet or is it still lost in the mail. If anyone knows anything please email me, I am in no rush I was just wondering!!!!
    Thank You, Heather

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Here is the latest update that I have gotten. Kim (jwkbstrouble) fixed up a new package and mailed it to me yesterday (4/20/05). She sent it regular mail with no delivery confirmation #. So hopefully this one will not get lost like the last one. Hopefully this time next week I will have the rr so I can mail it to the next person! Will post when I get it!

Sheena

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Just so everyone knows who's on the list and in what order here is the list.

gardeningnutinva - Bedfored, VA
    Cstaas - Westfield, MA
    angel14437 - Dansville, NY
    earthlydelights - Rockledge, PA
    ncflowerpower - Maple, NC
    peridgegirl - Brachville, SC
    dsm906 - Mt. Prospect, IL
    oneal woodward - Seminole, FL
    abitodd - Flora, MS
    choochoogal - Hixson, TN
    cherrisa - Antioch, TN

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

cher

if this still works out and the box magically appears, i am more than interested in continuing my involvement. i won't hold my breath, but i'll keep my fingers crossed that it makes it to someone's mailbox.

thanks for your patience, determination and willingness to continue this cher. i give you credit considering its history thus far.

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

so, this one is STILL dead i take it. it's been 9 days since it was mailed the second or third time...

any word?

• pearidgegirl
    19 years ago

Wow! I can't belive this swap is taking so long- Don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting but it's almost like some one just does't want to say they just did't send the package!!!! Well hopefully the "ghost package" will show up one day. Cherrisa don't loose hope, I think the swap was a great iea and it will work out some how. I guess I should say It will work out if we can ever find the package!!
    Heather

• gardeningnutinva
    19 years ago

Hi everyone

I emailed Kim and she contacted her mail cuz I still dont have the package as of yesterday(mail hasnt ran yet today) and her mail lady said it was coming parcel post and would take 9-12 days to get here. By my caculation it should be arriving anywhere from yesterday to Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. Will keep everyone posted.

Sheena

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

you would think, with all the nonsense this particular swap has been through, that an additional 45 cents would have been sent for delivery confirmation.

mail truck must have gotten 4 flat tires.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well I noticed that jwkbstrouble was able to send out a box for another round robin so hopefully she can send out this one eventually! Including a confirmation number on the one she just sent. I have been very patient with this it really angers me that someone would do this. I have been understanding about her family troubles but obviously she is able to participate in other swaps with no problems yet the box to this one has disappeared. I would love to know if any of the items that were in my box have shown up in other boxes.

I'm sorry I'm past the patient stage and am sliding into the angry stage. I spent a lot of money on that box. How many excuses can one person make. I wish she would just tell the truth. Like I said I even offered 2 or 3 times to have UPS go to her door and pick it up prepaid back to me. NO RESPONSE EVER. I don't think she should be allowed to participate in any more swaps if she can't stick to a commitment.

• IRALITTLEREDNECK
    18 years ago

Things do get lost in the mail, are you positive this person you are blasting didnt mail it? Can you prove she didnt? Sorry for all the questions it must be the lawyer in me, What you are doing is tantamount to slander without proof and I have read the rules for this site and you are breaking them how would you like for someone to do the same to you? I don't know either of you but I just couldnt stand by and not say anything. You are blaming one person when in reality it is most possible that she did mail it as she says and our wonderful mail system that we have in this country lost it? Can you honestly say you have never had anything lost in the mail? I wish I could but I recently had 2 packages lost that were coming to me all I can think is that there is a thief in the postal service some where along the line, But I dont get on the internet and blast people or blast the mail system and say they should not be allowed to play the game anymore, You just have to suck it up and go on. And keep in mind that in this day and age without proof it is best not to say anything or it could come back and bite you in the behind.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

actually iralittleredneck if someone doesn't want to be accused then they should spend a lousy 45 cents to prove that they sent it.

• IRALITTLEREDNECK
    18 years ago

My My have you thought of getting anger management treatment? You are upset because of a box most likely lost by the mail system? Last night after I read the email you sent me I did some checking on the statistics of mail being lost do you know that there is a 38% chance that your mail (including packages)will be lost,stolen, or mangled by the employees of the mail service? I had not realised that the percentage rate was so high.Do you honestly think that if someone stole your box that they would contine to send on other robins? You accuse her of not standing up to her commitments but it seems she is.. I was discussing this with some friends last night (a few lawyers and even a judge)a they all had a good laugh that even on the internet a lawyer can find a arguement to campaign LoL. But they all are in agreement that a guilty person would not continue to partisipate in other trades and follow thru, But the person would take all they could and disappear.So my advice to you is calm down take a deep breath and just go on with your life and chalk this up to one of lifes disappointments.

• IRALITTLEREDNECK
    18 years ago

Not trying to start anything but I just noticed that your other post the one that was very close to being slanderous is no longer there guess B.B. and I were right about it being against the rules of garden web, Congrads to the Web Master of this site for being on his toes and protecting his site!!

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

actually I asked Spike to remove both of these posts and he left this one.

• cherrisa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok This one is officially put to rest and closed with no hope so I have started a new round robin as I still have faith if you all are interested. It's the Garden Trinket Round Robin and I will be providing all information for the box along with the usps confirmation slips already filled out so I will have a confirmation number assigned to everyone on the list. It is a one rate box. I hope to see anyone and everyone that is still interested.

Cherri