SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hedgwytch

Need ideas for planting between houses

hedgwytch
17 years ago

Hi all! What a great new forum! Since the summer's winding down, I'm starting to plan my beds for next year. I discovered lasagna gardening (I know, I'm a little behind!) and decided it was perfect for the narrow strip between our house and the neighbor's.

This is an area about 15 ft. long and maybe 8 ft wide. It is South facing and is bordered by my home's rock exterior on one side and a 7 ft. tall privacy fence on the other. I have a metal arbor at the entrance that has a grape vine on one side and plan on putting in a lilac on the other side of the arbor. I thought a "Secret Garden" type theme would work well here. The only window on this side of the house is my dd's, so she has already requested irises! LOL! But, I need some ideas for the whole thing. I am thinking a winding path to the back (which is also a privacy fence) and I like vines, but not terribly invasive ones.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of some good pics? We all like the Cottage Style (except for DH, but he doesn't count anyway, does he??) and love butterflies and hummingbirds, and we need a lot of fragrance.

Thanks so much!

HW

Comments (6)

Sponsored