SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

The Alphabet in Roses...A

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

For some silly reason I've always tried to have at least one rose whose name begins with each letter of the alphabet. I think this might be Kathy's fault but I'm not sure. Anyway I thought I'd share my roses in alphabetical order with you and tell you a little bit about them and how they do for me.

The As:

Albuquerque Enchantment is a perky little mini I got last year from Cottage Farms through QVC (I don't recommend ordering from them though because out of the set of 12 I got 5 were mislabeled). It's a strong grower and regular bloomer for me. It does black spot occasionally. (You will hear that refrain frequently. I live in Michigan, the fishbowl state, and I resist spraying as much as possible.)

Angel Face was one of mom's roses and has been here for decades. Yes she's a BS magnet but she winters like a champ and blooms even when she's nekkid of leaves. Plus she smells divine!

Appleblossom Flower Carpet is a ground cover rose and it will cover ground. It makes it's self into about a 6 foot circle by the end of every summer. It's gorgeous when it's in full bloom. No problems with diseases either. This poor rose has been moved 4 times in the 5 years I've had it. Doesn't seem to bother it one bit. It's grown most every place I've put it!

American Pride is a tentative ID on this "Camelot NOT" rose. I got it last year and it's bloomed well but is very stunted in growth and every bloom droops because of weak stems. I'm not sure it's going to be a keeper.

Comments (17)