SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djliquidice

Rescued from Walmart!

djliquidice
10 years ago

Planted my 2 babies today in their new home. Bought both of these from Walmart, been letting just hang out in my place for a couple weeks to get used to their new hangout. So far they love the skylights in the room, all day sun!

Kind of kicking myself about using an entire bag of cactus mix dirt (fast draining). Don't know why I didn't think to put a bunch of pumice stones or similar in the bottom of this big pot since the roots won't go that deep anyways. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get the urge to put in fresh dirt late this summer or early fall.

Big mama in the background, really wish I would have explored her roots more when I transferred to her pot. I would love to know how many plants are actually in there, or if it's maybe just one big one!!! Dying to find out, and then maybe cut one and give it's own pot.

Soon these things will be taking over my place! I have leaf cuttings sitting in their own pot too, hoping they actually root and produce. Too early to tell yet, and I don't want to pull one up to see for myself. Time will tell, trying to be patient.

Comments (8)