SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_bustopher

some more of mine including some new ones

Here are some more of mine that made a showy appearance. I hope you will like these. The first one is the damask rose Botzaris, similar to Mme Hardy.

Next is a new one I found locally, California Dreamin'. The color is attractive, but after about halfway open the flower's showable form falls apart. Perhaps it will improve with age.

Next is the fairly recent introduction that is also new to me, Carding Mill. This one looks good and smells good also. I may be smitten again.

The next one is a finicky HT, Charles de Gaulle. It is not new, but even after the rain, it was looking quite good. Alas, it is slow to repeat.

The next one is an old stand-by, that if you can keep it healthy, it will do quite well and bloom all summer with its fragrant flowers, Comte de Chambord.

{{gwi:234434}}

The next one, Eglantyne, is a perfect case in point for giving Austins time. It did very little until last year. This year it really got going and was putting out its elegant flowers like this.

What a difference another year made after that awful Easter freeze in 07. Hotel Royal really put on a show this time. Its rebloom is not anything to brag about being very sporadic, and it really gets the blackspot if you let it. However, when it looks like this, all can be forgiven.

This one will light up any corner. It is a spray of Sunsation, AKA Veldfire. Its color varies through the growing season.

The last one is brand new this year, a red floribunda called Shag Dancing. So far, it has a nice red color and what appears to be a healthy bush. I hope it stays that way. We will have to see.

Please let me know what you think.

Comments (3)