SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sambo725

last try...Getting ready for 2010

sambo725
14 years ago

Sorry about the error on the previous post, garden wed said they would have to remove them.

Seven months ago I purchased my first three pepper plants, then two weeks later I discovered this site and became a member..........

Now I am over wintering about 30 plants, and have about 50 verities of seeds I collected over the last seven months. A special thanks to Heather for doing the pepper trade, and Smokemaster for all the freebies. Oh yeah, and this site for all the good advice.

This is my first time starting from seed, so wish me luck. I decided to purchase a seed starting tray, and try it out. It is a 72 cell trey that sits on top of a "water pad", and the soil soaks the water up. Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

The seed starting tray came with peat pellets, which I am not going to use. I plan on using orchid mix for starting the seeds. My last frost date here in Florida is April 1st, so I plan on starting my seeds January 1st.

My set up consists of the 72 cells that will sit on top of a heating pad to keep soil temps up. I have four, 2 foot florescent lights, an old bath exhaust fan for air movement, and some silver scrape board from work. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Comments (12)

Sponsored