SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosiercherokee

Pods Ripening All At Once?

HoosierCheroKee
18 years ago

I had this orange hab in a pot outside all summer and only got one ripe pod and maybe a dozen green ones. Yeah, yeah, I neglected the poor thing because I really didn't expect it to live through the extreme heatwave we had this summer.

Well, it surprised me especially when I dosed it real good with Miracle Grow and watered it regularly through Sept. and Oct.

Then I brought the plant indoors last month, and now nearly every pod on the plant is turning orange at the same time. Like 10 of them, even the itty bitty ones. What gives?

The leaves are not turning yellow much to speak of. Maybe a few that I pluck off from time to time, but the plant remains healthy looking and green. It's in a large window facing SE.

The young seedlings I have in the same window are growing slowly. I don't expect much in the way of growth or production. I'm just trying to keep'm alive for a few more months and then return them to the wild.

By the way, no new blossoms on the hab; and the tiny fruit that followed the blossoms that were on the plant when I brought it in are only pea to button sized and turning orange with the larger pods.

Bill

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH