SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrcrskater

'Mature' pods won't ripen - advice?

mrcrskater
16 years ago

This is my first time growing anything, let alone peppers. I have had some success, though, and I now have 3 plants (of an initial 7 or 8) that I've grown from seed. I know I have long slim red cayennes, and I think Biker Billy Hybrids and Hungarian Wax. The cayenne and jalapeno plants came out of the same seed pod (I started with those magic expand-o pod things), and I let them be, assuming one would eventually kill off the other. But now I have two plants right next to each other, both with fruit. I transplanted all plants 2nd week of June (I know this is a bit late).

My quandry is this. I have one or two cayennes that appear to be full size and have not shown any growth in about 2 weeks, but they also show no signs of ripening. A couple of my Biker Billys were well on there way, but seem to have stalled out at about 2.5 inches and also are not ripening. We have had more rain in Colorado this year than in the past several, so I'm wondering if over-watering might be an issue? Are the plants simply too close together? Would some pest activity (which I suspect) prevent ripening? Any advice would be most helpful. Thanks!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio