SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

What rose would you put here?

msrose
16 years ago

I have Double Knockout planted on each side of the middle tier.

{{gwi:39713}}

{{gwi:39717}}

On the bottom tier, I planted Yves Piaget on the right

{{gwi:39715}}

Thomas Affleck is on the bottom left

As you can tell, Yves Piaget is not making it in my no-spray yard so I'm going to get rid of it. Thomas Affleck is doing great, but I can't decide if the pinkish color of it looks good with the redish pink of Knock Out.

{{gwi:39716}}

Should I get another Thomas Affleck to replace Yves or would you think another color would be better. I'm not sure what other color I would use, because I already have quite a bit of yellow in the yard between the golden eunomys and yellow daylilies around my house(you can't see them in the picture). I just planted white dayliles around the Knock Outs to tie in with the white blooms of the Magnolia tree on the bottom tier, so I don't think I would want to add white roses because everything on the bottom would be white then. I could just add more Knock Outs. Someone on the Texas Forum mentioned that they didn't like the Magnolia there. I don't think I could talk my husband into taking it out, but if I did, I thought I could plant a big groundcover rose, maybe like Seafoam. My other love, after roses, is daylilies, so I thought about planting them in the circle of eunomys, but I'm just not sure if that would look good.

Laurie

Comments (23)