SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

Is there enough time for....?

16 years ago

My pepper plants sat there doing nothing all summer, but now that the temps have cooled down some, there are tiny peppers all over them. Is it too late for them to ripen before the first freeze?

My pumpkin plants, which threatened to take over my tiny veggie patch for the first half of the summer, almost stopped growing by the first of August when the powdery mildew showed up, but now they are growing again, with several new pumpkins on them. These are the small decorative ones, not the large jack-o-lantern types. I am wondering the same thing about the pumpkins, will they have time to ripen? Oh, and how do you know when to pick a pumpkin? These are growing on a trellis, so I don't want them to fall to the ground and split open. Even though these are Jack B. Little pumpkins, some of them are the size of small pie pumpkins. I'll try to post a picture of them tomorrow, but we just got our computer back up and running, after a nasty virus, so not sure if the photo software is on there yet.

TIA, Bonnie

Comments (3)