SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Attn: Bodica--the story of my Grandmother's Doll

zeffyrose
15 years ago

I finally had time to post this story----

{{gwi:1243138}}
My Grandmother gave me this doll when I was about 10 years old---My little sister dropped her and the original head broke in a million pieces---

Over the years I tried to find a head to match but she is a big doll about 36 in.and even though I went to some doll shows I never could get a match--

so fast forward about 60 some years---(I'm 78---LOL)

My friend and I were looking for Antiques in S. Jersey and I overheard a lady talking about old dolls---She told me her friend had a reproduction of an old mold for a dolls head that she thought would fit my doll

So since I have a trustung nature I let her take my doll home with her--She lives in Wilmington ,Del.

the mold was the perfect size so she had this head made for me for only $50.00---I was thrilled

the clothes are all original--the hands are made of kid leather---I put the little lace collar on her to hide her "surgery"-----I was thrilled to finally replace her head after so many years

I can hardly remember her original head but I do think her hair was painted on----and I so believe she is German----and has to be over one hundred years old.

I think she is a beauty and if she had her real head she would be worth a fortune but I would not be able to part with her.

thanks for your interest !!!

Florence

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County