SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toms_garden

Growing Roses from cuttings/seeds.

toms_garden
17 years ago

Hello all, I set up a misting system that I was reading about from this site. I used the Melnor 30/60 timer that runs for 2 minutes and is off for 10 minutes. This is my first time to have a system like this. All other times I tried to propagate, all waterings were done manuel type. LOT'S OF WORK...LOL. I would like to try to proagate some roses this year. And I would like to know what to do/ what not to do. I have several different mediums availible. I have Canadian Peat, Perelite, Vermiculite, and Sand. I have been reading about a medium called COIR. What is this? Where can I get it? What plants can it be used for? And how is the best way to use this medium?

I live in Southern Ohio. So is it too late or too early to take rose cuttings? And should my misting system be in shade or full sun? I have wanted to try my hand at roses for a LONG time. And now is the best time since I have had some good luck with getting the starter roses. A store close to me was selling out of all their plants. And I now have about 20 different roses to start with. Mixed types, bush and climbers. Also, how do I get these to produce the hips? And how do I get them to rippen? All info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank You all God Bless

Tom

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor