SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esox07

Soil Thermometer

Here is a little device that could save your season. I purchased one of these a couple years ago as I use heat mats for my seeds. I was worried that even with a thermostat, that I might "cook" my seedlings. You just stick a probe into the soil of one of your seedling containers and it will continuously display the soil temp. What makes it really useful is that it measures the soil where the seeds are, in the top half, not down at the bottom where the heat mat is. Plus it also keeps tracks of highs and lows and best of all, you can set an alarm for extreme temps. It has two probes and two readouts so you can keep track of the temps in two separate containers in two separate areas. They run on batteries which have lasted me for over two years now on the original set. Someone who uses heat mats without thermostats or someone who uses DVR receivers, radiators, TV's, etc... should definitely have one as you really don't know how hot/cold your seedlings really are. This could be the reason some people post every year that none or only a few seeds germinated or that they all died shortly after germinating. Well worth the $20 (on sale now).
http://thermoworks.com/products/alarm/rt8100mat.html?utm_source=Nl-2013Nov28&utm_medium=email&utm_term=RT8100MAT&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=Nov2013-Black-Friday-cs#Specifications

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!