SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevation

Trailing vinca (annual) - have you grown it?

stevation
15 years ago

When I redesigned my long flowerbed in the backyard this year, I put some more annuals in it for better constant color. Things are growing pretty well, except for this trailing Vinca I found at the nursery. I was excited to find it -- I didn't know there was a trailing annual kind of Vinca, and the color worked well for my plan. So, I bought a whole flat of them, but after six weeks, they still pretty much look like this:

Is there some secret to getting these Vincas to grow well? Their leaves are a little yellow, so maybe they're averse to the alkaline soil. I've been giving all the flowers in this bed a dose of Miracle-Gro about once a week, and the others are responding pretty well. Any ideas?

By the way, I finally posted some more photos on my garden blog -- mostly from things blooming last month. There's a really cool photo of my Ruby Meidiland roses, and they're really doing well! You can check it out at www.valleygardens.com. Azura prompted me to get on the ball by posting there about wanting to see some new stuff (thanks!). I have not kept up with it as much as before, because I'm *extremely* busy this year, trying to do all the construction work to finish my basement.

Anyway, can you help me with the Vinca problem???? Thanks!

Comments (8)